Sunday, April 26, 2009

Video Madness

By far the most entertaining and fun project I have had all semester.  No offense to Mr. Portacio’s excel lesson, but this was a hell of a lot more fun.  Not only was the lead up the project fun, things like the story boarding and the costume design, but the actual filming was great.  Our group has had moments of disagreement, where we have not seen eye to eye, and it has felt like there is a little tension every once in a while, but this project really brought us all together.  We were all having such a good time with the acting, the filming, the ideas and the story all seemed to be flowing. 

For me personally, this project really let my creativity out.  It was the perfect outlet.  So often we as students are stuck doing the same drab and boring assignments.  This project didn’t even feel like schoolwork.  I know that if I were able to get completely amped on a project for school, my students would be as well.  This type of project can be used in so many ways in the classroom.  I love the idea of the small format or commercial format.  It allows for students to be succinct without boring the audience and themselves.  Having to get ones point across in a matter of minutes instead of hours (when writing a paper) or even with a longer video makes the students really analyze what is most important to the point of their video and what needs to be said most. 

This project gets a A+ in my book, even if I don’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment